Table of Contents
What is email marketing and how does it work? Email marketing is definitely an essential tool for all Online marketers and companies looking to keep in close contact with their potential and current customers or audience. In this post, I will do my absolute best to explain what email marketing is and why you should start implementing it in your Online business and marketing efforts. You are welcome to watch the video below to get an understanding of what it’s all about.
What is email marketing and how does it work?
In simple terms, email marketing is a manner in which merchants or advertisers can directly communicate with their current or potential customers through the use of electronic mail. It is by far the most efficient way to stay connected with your potential customers while promoting your business. There is really nothing more to it than what I have just explained. One of my most recommended companies to use for your automated email marketing campaigns is Aweber. Simply click the image above to find out how you can easily start creating automated email messages for your marketing efforts.
Why do you have to do it?
Most Online marketers, especially newbies who don’t really know what it takes to make their first Online sale repeatedly commit the most detrimental error of not using email marketing. If you are not using email marketing for your marketing and advertising campaigns, you might as well leave the Online marketing world. Let me explain what I mean by this.
- The cost of email marketing is one of the most cheapest way of marketing compared to any other forms of advertising.
- Whether you do this on your own or through an email marketing agency, marketing to thousands of potential customers will cost you much less than any form of advertising.
- If you are looking for targeted visitors to your offers or promotions, look no further than using email marketing.
- The ROI (Return On Investment) from this type of marketing blows any other form of direct advertising out of the water.
How do you do it in an effective manner?
- Start by creating a landing page or squeeze page – this is the integral part of your email marketing campaign. The first thing you should keep in mind is making sure that you have some sort of a compelling landing page or squeeze page ready for your potential customers to submit their name and email address.
- Let the process of completing the opt-in form be as easy and quick as possible.
- What’s in it for me? This is the one important question your potential customers will ask themselves before giving out their email address.
- Offer them free lunch…I don’t mean real free lunch but an incentive such as a free report on whatever it is you are planning to advertise or sell to them.
- Once you capture a potential customer’s details – their name and email address, it’s then that you may start advertising to them in a manner that will drive them towards making a decision to finally make that all important purchase of your product or service.
- Start by sending out a welcome email that requests your new contact to confirm their subscription. This will ensure that you will send out periodic emails to contacts that are more likely to open them.
- Timing your emails by individual contact’s location can prove to be the difference between failure and success of your email marketing efforts. Do not send out emails at night, people are sleeping. Send out emails during work hours as this ensures that people are more likely to open and read them during working hours. Most email marketing agencies such as Aweber have a feature that allows you to do the above with a click of a mouse.
Email marketing is one way to enrich business communications and target specific markets while being both cost-effective and environmentally friendly through electronic mail.
Example of a simple landing page or squeeze page
The following is a fully functional opt-in form that I personally use to help people turn their passion into an Online business. Yes, it’s not only a perfect example of what I explained above but you can actually submit your name and email address below and receive a free guide on how to make money Online for free.
With the help of email marketing companies, email marketing is still the most effective way to not only reach your potential customers but also to stay in close contact with your current buying customers. If you would like to start your very first email marketing campaign, I highly recommend Aweber for all Online marketers.
Thanks for reading this post, I hope you found valuable information for your marketing efforts. All the best to you. Please leave me some comments and share this with your friends or family below.